July 23, 2010

Of Missing Shirts and Late Night Showers

Banner By: Andrea
Title: Of Missing Shirts and Late Night Showers
Rating: PG-13
Author: Sxymami0909
Fandom: Smallville
Pairing: Chloe, Lois implied Oliver/Chloe
Word Count: 1125
Prompt: “I’m in love, and I’m terrified.” from kc_2009 written for the Chlollie Summer Lovefest



Lois grunted as she pulled the towel tighter around her body and carefully walked out of the bathroom toward the pounding on the front door. She swore as she glanced at the floor and noticed the trail of water following her.

“Hold your damn horses I’m coming! Jeez, this better be extremely important or there’s imminent death waiting for you on the other side of this door pal!”

Lois swung the door open and when she took in the sight of her frazzled cousin the scowl left her face.

“Chloe?”

Her face was pale, eyes wide, and clothes slightly disheveled. She spoke with a little more than a hint of panic in her voice.

“I’m in love, and I’m terrified.”

Lois stared at Chloe brows furrowed in confusion. It took her a minute to catch up and she opened the door wider.

“Get in here.”

Chloe practically flew through the open door. Lois shut it and turned to face the blonde pacing in her living room.

“Okay cuz, run that by me again.”

“I’m in love and I’m terrified.”

Lois raised an eyebrow doing her best to keep the smile off her face. She knotted the towel, sat on the arm of one of the chairs, and cleared her throat.

“I assume we’re talking about Oliver.”

Chloe stopped pacing and glared at her cousin.

“Of course we’re talking about Oliver, Lois, who else would we be talking about?”

She held up her hands in a ‘take it easy’ gesture as she shrugged.

“Well how should I know? I mean you come bursting in here at half past midnight declaring you’re in love like it’s not already common knowledge unless of course it’s with someone who isn’t Oliver Queen.”

Chloe gaped at Lois like she had three heads.

“What are you talking about?”

Lois rolled her eyes.

“Seriously cuz, you and Oliver have been together for two years, count that two. You practically live at his place and you’re surprised that you love him?”

She opened and closed her mouth a few times before her body deflated and she plopped onto the couch, head landing in her hands. Lois sighed and moved from the chair to the couch so she was sitting next to Chloe, arm around her.

“Chloe…what’s really going on here?”

She took a deep breath and lifted her head before looking over at Lois.

“I’m scared Lo’. I’ve spent so much time and energy making sure that I didn’t fall for him, trying to keep love so far out of the equation that is was practically nonexistent.”

She gave Chloe an encouraging nod and rubbed her back.

“Okay…is it safe to assume something happened to make your little revelation come into play?”

Chloe nodded.

“I was looking for my favorite night shirt and when I couldn’t find it I figured maybe it got mixed up with Oliver’s stuff. So of course I go to his draw and rummaged around because well that’s what I do and I really like that shirt. Well I found something…it just wasn’t my shirt.”

Lois raised a brow as Chloe pulled a small box out of her pocket and shoved it toward her cousin. Lois’s eyes widened as she took in the small velvet box.

“Is this what I think it is?”

“Well it sure as hell isn’t my shirt!”

Lois flipped the box open and stared.

“Holy crap, have you seen this diamond? Way to go all out Oliver, though I guess I’m not really surprised.”

Chloe let out a puff of air and pushed the box shut, irritation on her face.

“No Lois, I haven’t seen it. I’m a little too busy freaking out here…join me won’t you?”

Lois sighed noting the tension in Chloe’s body.

“Chloe why are you freaking out? I’ll say it again you’ve been with Oliver for two years. Is it really that surprising that he might want to take the next step?”

Chloe shook her head.

“You’re not getting it Lo’. I found this and my first reaction when I saw it was happiness. I was excited and scared and…just astonished that he’d consider spending the rest of his life with me. And I knew immediately what my answer would be. I’d say yes. That’s what scares me. I’ve gotten so attached to him.”

She swallowed hard and continued.

“And you know my track record with love. It’s bad…when I didn’t realize it…well it was different, but now…if I lost Ollie…I just don’t think that’s something I could get through.”

Lois took a deep breath. She always knew Chloe had commitment issues, but she hadn’t realized how deep they actually went. Chloe wasn’t terrified of being with Oliver forever, she was terrified of the thought that he wouldn’t be with her forever.

She leaned forward and took Chloe’s hand as she met her cousin’s tear filled eyes.

“Chloe listen to me. You guys…you’re gonna last. This isn’t like all your other relationships. When I think of the perfect relationship, I picture you and Oliver.”

Chloe laughed lightly through her tears, nose scrunched as she rolled her eyes.

“Please Lois, Oliver and I are far from perfect.”

She smiled.

“Exactly. He’s far from perfect and as much as I love you cuz, perfect isn’t your middle name either. The thing is though; you both recognize that and accept it. I still marvel at how completely honest you guys are with each other. Good or bad, there’s no secrets between you two.”

Lois shrugged.

“I hope one day Clark and I can be like that. I told you this two years ago and I’ll tell you again. This is one for the win column.”

Chloe studied Lois with tears in her eyes before pulling her into a hug. She spoke, voice barely a whisper.

“Thanks Lo’.”

Lois chuckled.

“Sure thing cuz, that’s what I’m here for.”

Chloe moved back, frown on her face, the front of her shirt damp. She glanced down and finally took a minute to get a good look at Lois.

“You’re in a towel.”

“Yeah I was sorta in the middle of a shower when you came a knocking.”

“Oopps.”

“No worries being clean in overrated. When’s Oliver coming back from Star City?”

“Day after tomorrow.”

She stood up holding the towel in place.

“Tell ya what. How about I finish up washing out my hair, get dressed and then we can have a movie marathon. You shouldn’t drive back to Metropolis this late anyway.”

Chloe nodded.

“Sounds good.”

She grinned.

“Be back in a flash.”

Chloe watched Lois make her way back into the bathroom before she glanced back at the small box in front of her and smiled. Suddenly the velvet box no longer looked so terrifying.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. And great Chlo-Lo. Chloe's outlook, reminds me of how people see my hubby and me. People who only see us occasionally, think we're the prefect couple and use us as a benchmark for their relationships. People who do know us well say that we're the two most opposite people ever, but we click, we joke, tease and they think we're real and cute together. I'm glad Lois was able to see and tell her that. :D They are made of win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iluvaqt-

    *grins* Yay! Glad you liked this one! Awwww you and your husband sound so cute! :-D OMG You guys are like the Chlollie of the real world!!!! Hehe

    -C

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is always appreciated! :)